.:: 每一个心情是诗 阅读是一种幸福 音乐是生命的旋律 照片是生活一点一滴的记忆::.

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Kobe City Tour

Thursday, 26th of July
Our project composed of 2 main sections: interviewing the karaoke inventor and carrying out a Survey regarding Karaoke. It was a long, exhausting, but fun day. We spent the whole morning to write up the interview questions at the university. Then, we had a half-day city tour, guided by our lovely supporters. As our main topic was Karaoke, we were obligated to go for an hour Karaoke provided by the university which was really cool!! My first time going to Karaoke in Japan, the original Karaoke......

On our way to the train station after lunch. It was really hot about 34deg. I never walked so much in my life, climbing up and down the hill everyday, and I think I lost about 3 kilos in the 1st week I think. Haha. It was all fun but.
























Pictures taken while waiting for the bus to take us to Kobe City Hall for a panoramic view of Kobe city. Olivia and I showing off our Sun umbrellas with UV protection, one of the must-buy items in Japan.
























I've never seen such beautiful city - Just awesome. My most favourite city in Japan (in comparison to Osaka and Tokyo) because you can still see the ocean and the mountain.























Picture of me taken unexpectedly by Nic-san.













Group photo in Kobe City Hall 24F: (me, David, Manuel, Nic, Olivia & Amy). Lindi-san was missing as usual.

Our next attraction: Nankinmachi (南京町), Kobe's chinatown.


You can find lots of Chinese food here. I had some green tea ice cream which was really good.


















Our big brother, Sumida-san (the head of supporters), a very trustworthy and reliable guy who graduated from Kobe university and currently completing his post-grad studies and working as a Japanese university teacher in Korea. He was always there to solve our problems, like Aladdin who would come out from his magic lamp anytime anywhere when we were in trouble, especially the very troublesome me: when I need an international adapter, when I took the wrong train and lost in somewhere, when I thought I lost all my money, when I lost my room key, when my train ticket was not working because of my stupidity, when I need money etc etc etc. All I can say is, thank you.












Finally, on our way to KA-RA-O-KE!!
























I didn't sing much that day because I don't really know Japanese and even English songs that well. I sing Chinese songs but too shy to sing by myself. I was really surprised that the room was not only big, the sound system was brilliant and there were about 3-4 big thick song books with a variety of songs (yes including Chinese), free drinks, a small computer thing to search for your favourite songs.








Sort of a life-changing experience in participating in the hectic life of Japanese.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

044 044 04444444444444444444444444
hehehhehehe, eh y so many 044 in 044 blog hehehehe
i wan to go kobe i wan to go japan