.:: 每一个心情是诗 阅读是一种幸福 音乐是生命的旋律 照片是生活一点一滴的记忆::.

Monday, September 10, 2007

My new family

Friday, 27th of July
I woke up at 6am to pack my luggage. For friends who know me well: Yes, it's unbelievable. I get up at least before 8am every morning when I was in Japan, even during weekend. It was like a miracle, I know. Haha. It was a special day because we were going to meet our host families finally and experience the Japanese family life! It took me a while to pack all my stuff (too much shopping hehe) and surprisingly I managed to fit them all in my pink suitcase. It was impossible to take the train with our heavy luggages so Manuel and Lindi and I shared a cab to get to the university. We were also going to interview the karaoke inventor, Ino Ue-san and supposed to leave uni at 9am. However, Nic-san didn't turn up until half past. Our sensei decided to leave without him as we couldn't be late for the interview. Fair enough. Still, I was getting worried, not because of the interview, but thinking if Nic-san couldn't make it, the interview would not be as fun. Fortunately, he made it just in time before the train left. He got lost somewhere as he took the wrong train as usual! Haha. We were really glad to see him.

We finally met Ino Ue-san and I took the chance to thank him for inventing such a great thing in my life. I was surprised that he looked quite fierce (and old), not exactly like how I expected to be someone who created Karaoke. Our interview was quite successful although we couldn't understand 90% of what he said. His Japanese was too difficult for us as he used lots of Osaka slang. We didn't have to worry much because a voice recorder was provided during the interview. Hehe. Lucky us.














The very first and original karaoke machine made in 1971, called "8 Juke" - Daisuke Inoue could be a billionaire if he had filed a patent for his invention.


A meeting ceremony with host families in the arvo.








My host mom (yuyu-mama) happened to be the host family organiser, and two younger brothers (yuuta-chan & youta-chan) came to take me home ^^















First day in host family's house. We looked like we having fun yea, in fact I was struggling really hard to communicate with those kids.

Dinner on 1st day. I want more! More and more!!









::First time wearing a Yukatta::

There was a small Matsuri (traditional Japanese festival) near our house that night and my host mom get us dressed in Yukatta (a Japanese summer kimono). I was very excited as it was my first time wearing a Yukatta. We had so much fun that night.

Raita-papa, You-chan, Me, Yuyu-mama and Mi-chan.

The matsuri was taken place in a local shrine.






Very very nice food.












I was trying to dance with the locals.










Trying to catch the gold fishes with a paper net. I was so excited to play this because I always see this in Japanese comics. Hehe.














Very cute Maru-san (from Korea) playing some ball game.. not sure what issit called.




Lindi, Christy, Maru & me with our host families. We hang out together quite often as our host families are close friends.



















Me and my youngest brother, you-chan (陽ちゃん), also my partner in crime. Hehe. 9 years old. I miss him very very much. He is planning to come visit me in Msia so hopefully I'll be able to see him end of this year.


I know this is taking too long. Finally, me and my host family again except the cute little girl in yellow yukatta (family friend's daughter). Another brother of mine, yuu-chan, 15 years old, had soccer lessons so he couldn't join us that night. I was really lucky to have such a nice host family. I wish I could stay longer.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Save Whales, Ban Asianssssss