.:: 每一个心情是诗 阅读是一种幸福 音乐是生命的旋律 照片是生活一点一滴的记忆::.

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Yamagata vs Onsen vs Kudamono~ 2009

I somehow felt relieved for staying in Yamagata for 3 nights only; Keiko-sensei' parents wouldn't stop feeding me >< I thought it would be rude to refuse so I've been literally eating like a pig, heavy breakfast, lunch n dinner everyday, lots of snacks n desserts, I've seriously put on another 3kg T.T yes I said another T.T Traveling before Jie2's wedding is definitely not a good idea T.T T.T T.T T.T

Tendo 天童 in Yamagata is where Keiko-sensei comes from, a small town famous with lots of onsen (hot spring bath)~ Yoko-san took me to onsen almost everyday n am lucky to experience "rotenburo" (outdoor/open-air bath) for the 1st time in Japan! Love onsen!!! Very very very "kimochi"~~ haha n relaxing ^^

Tendo is also famous with a variety of fruits production; "ra-furansu" (La France) being the most famous one, guess what leh?! The name sounds so nice n I was surprised to find out it is what we call *Pear* but huge ones (pic 2)~ Other famous kudamono include "ringo" (huge apple), "kaki" (persimmon), "budo" (huge grapes), "sakuranbo" (cherries), momo (peach) etc.. u'll see lots of colourful juicy fruits on trees on side of the road n feel like picking them n give them a bite keke (you'll get told off though)

My most to least fav fruits in Japan
1. Definitely Budo!!!! (Pic 1) - I have not eaten this kind of grapes in any other countries!! Its bigger than usual ones, texture is firmer n the sweetness is beyond imagination keke somehow tastes like wine/alcohol~ very very yum!!!! One of the must eat in Japan n make sure you peel the skin 1st keke am so gonna carry lots home ^^
2. Kaki (Pic 1) - taste similar to persimmons in Australia but bigger n look fresher~ always love persimmons :D Yoko-san mixed this with mashed sweet potatoes + raisins as entree, damn good!!
3. Ringo (no pic) - about 2 to 3 times bigger than the normal one keke n again very sweet~ Yoko-san taught me how to make apple jam in 3mins >< will share later keke
4. Ra-Furansu - not a big fan of pear unfortunately, but I hav to say Yamagata has great pears!! As sweet as apple keke I had ra-furanse soft cream (icecream) too!! ^^

Didn't get to try sakuranbo (cherries) n momo (peach) bcuz they only have them in June/July, am hoping to bring my family here again if we r going to Hokkaido mid next yr~ I'll get to try them then :D

Ohh, arriving in Tokyo soon ><
Ps: "kudamono" = fruits
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on 3

No comments: